Hello My Dear Sweet Admissions Blog Readers,
Well. This is certainly a tad awkward. I missed you. I’m sorry I haven’t written in so long. I’ve been so busy, you see, surviving my senior year of high school. Since I last wrote to you, many exciting (and not so exciting) things have happened to me.
1. I went to India on a trip called Niswarth. That was pretty crazy/awesome/incredible/sad/confusing. I went with 14 other peers and three teachers, all of us from PA. It was the best experience of my life.
2. I learned to drive. Sort of. In a parking lot. With no other cars. At 5 mph. Hey, it’s something. And at Andover I never need to drive anyway.
3. I started my Senior fall!
4. I went to approximately a million College Counseling meetings.
5. I applied to college.
6. I went to a million other meetings.
7. I slept and ate in my spare time. (Read: I barely slept.)
8. We published a book that I have been working on with other students and faculty for almost two years! It’s called Out of the Blue, and it’s a book about identity at Andover.
9. I got into college. (I am still under the impression that they sent the wrong envelope.)
10. I started my Senior winter. My favorite class currently is called Abbot Global Seminar, which is a fantastic combination of English and philosophy.
11. I neglected my blog writing. My sincerest apologies. But that’s not important. We’re together again. <3
Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys an update. Andover has always been a very busy place. But now, so close to graduation, so close to leaving, I feel like I’m on a deadline. I want to squeeze every drop out of this experience, because it truly is a remarkable one. I could never truly convey my love for this place. You have to come feel this for yourself.
Good luck to all you applicants! I have some funny stories about my own application experience, but those will have to wait for another day…